The Peninsula Online
Doha: The Ministry of Endowments and Islamic Affairs made changes to necessary precautionary measures to be followed in all the mosques in the country starting on Saturday.
The ministry removed the requirement of vaccination against Covid-19 to enter the mosque.
Worshippers with Green Ehteraz, vaccinated and non-vaccinated can now enter mosques but children under the age of 12 are still not allowed.
Other precautionary measure includes:
• Spacing during daily and Friday prayers between worshippers will be space of a prayer mat (half a meter).
• Keep spacing of distance 1 meter between worshippers during Friday sermon.
• Opening of toilets and ablution facilities only in designated mosques
• No admission for children under the age of 12.
The Ministry called on everyone to abide by precautionary procedures in order to ensure the safety of worshippers and members of the community:
1. Showing Ehteraz application before entering the mosque.
2. Bring your own prayer mat.
3. Wear a mask.
The ministry also requested those with cold and high temperatures not to attend the mosque.